Cock Spots

Tonight we wondered, "where do all the hot boys hang out on Sunday?" Oddly enough, we also wondered the same thing the previous evening, as well as the week before, and the week before that.
Wouldn't it be great if you at least had an idea where the greatest concentration of delectable specimens were guzzling their PBRs at a given time? I mean, if you're going to spend your hard-earned money in a drinking establishment, you need to get the most eye candy for the buck.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Colosso

Jess and I have selected our Portland watering hole for the next couple of weeks, Colosso on NE Broadway and 20th. It's a lovely tapas place with a dark, crusty interior, and hot bartenders. One in particular, who resembles a combination of two of our friends, also works at a newish bar close to My Fathers Place (where, if memory serves me correctly, you will encounter guys in their 20s and 30s who look 50. I wonder if this is related to the fact that a lot of dudes here have an eerie resemblence to the Unabomber?). We shall be stalking him there on Sunday.

There was ONE issue with one of the patrons; evidently he was friends with said bartender, but not quite so outgoing. In fact, he had that "Portland guy with a chip on his shoulder" vibe, which I guess didn't surprise me. They knew the owner of a delightful restaurant in my neighborhood (Queens Hideaway), and we thought that was incredibly cool, reacting with appropriate enthusiasm. Other Guy then just kind of sneered a bit and asked me why I was here. "My mom is terminally ill, and I'm helping with her home care," I cheerfully replied. I think that jolted him a bit.

Now, I know not all guys here pull that shit, but as a whole they are defintiely not as friendly as New York (especially outer borough) fellas. Maybe it's because New York City has the "champagne of tap waters?" Who knows.

I didn't mention the Doug Fir from last week, but the crowd seemed pretty acceptable. I did get the impression that the guys were "trying" a bit too hard, but maybe it's the overflow from the "rock n roll motel" adjacent. We will be checking this place again, as well as others. I'll also get around to more pics in the near future.